Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

5.17.2012

Round two of savings! Ding! Ding!


Triple coupons started yesterday at Harris Teeter, and I posted to Facebook that I got $107 worth of groceries for $11.  I was pretty excited about my savings, but like a true coupon addict, I couldn't stop at that.  Today I had to go back and see if I could top it, and I'd say I did! I'd like to show you $90.95 worth of groceries for $1.85!! Tada!!!....











A lot of friends have asked if I actually get things that we need/use, so I wanted to take a picture to prove that I most certainly do! Here's a breakdown of what I got:

-2 packs of kid's yogurt
-4 pack toilet paper
-2 pack paper towels
-1 lb. asparagus
-1 Kraft fresh-take
-3 bottles of Barefoot reisling (score!!!!)
-2 bottles laundry detergent
-2 Ban deodorants
-1 pound butter
-1 jar mayo
-3 bottles marinade
-3 packs of panty liners
-1 bottle bathroom cleaner
-2 bottles dish detergent
-2 bottles hot sauce
-1 antibiotic for Madelyn (I'll explain...)

I did use 20 (the limit) coupons that I either clipped or printed, but I also took full advantage of a few deals.  The first being that I had a rain check for 2 bottles of Gain detergent (regularly $7.50 on sale for $3.77), and another one for the wine (regularly $5.99, but on sale for $3.97 a bottle).  I also had a $10 off coupon that I got in the mail (promoting the new store), and my last "trick" was using a $20 credit I got from the pharmacy just for filling a prescription at their location.  This deal is INSANELY good! For you local friends, let me just tell you that for every prescription you fill at the new Churchland HT (now until Halloween), you get $20 loaded on your VIC card.

Madelyn had a "just in case" antibiotic from the insane mosquito bite she got over the weekend, and I took it in to get it filled (and score the $20 credit).  Apparently they have another deal where certain antibiotics are FREE with your VIC card! Thus, I got her script for free and earned $20 for it! Seriously? I am so excited over this! I'm transferring my Zoloft over to them because it's only $3.99 there, so every month I'll be basically making $16 for getting a medicine I already purchase.  Score!

So, there ya go, I do get things we actually use/need, and all it takes is a little planning and collaboration of deals! Hope you score some good ones too this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment